Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Contingency Plan 1025


I meant to get this off a couple of days ago when this news was fresh, but a couple things got in the way. Before you read this, it would be helpful if you read this brief story from the Daily Telegraph.

Now, everybody in Washington has already denied that this is anything more than a way of covering all the bases. It's just a plan that will probably never be implemented. But do you remember that part near the end of the article, about how George W. Bush is hell-bent on leaving a "legacy" to the world. That scares me. Mr. President, you've done enough for the world with your wars, civil rights rollbacks, and your environmental policy. Please just give up, and coast until the mid-term elections (when democrats will retake congress and be able to keep the world safe from you). You've already left quite a legacy.

The other thing I don't get is this: We're trying to stop the spread of nuclear weapons (which I support), but we're the only country who has ever used them. Now if it's possible to justify the use of nukes, the situation in WWII is pretty close to justifiable, and we don't seem as hypocritical. If we were to use nuclear weapons on Iran because we don't want Iran to have that capability, what message does that send to the world?

I think Mr./Ms. Anonymous says it best:

Daniel,
I find the notion of the US using nuclear weapons against anyone to be appalling. I believe Mr. Bush is simply moving his target from Iraq to Iran, since the Iraq idea hasn't worked out the way he hoped. I believe he has it in his head to leave some kind of "legacy" to the world, and believe me, he will--that legacy will be one of death, destruction, devastation, and debt. We are already the most hated country in the world, and such a nuclear strike will make it worse. And how will other nuclear-armed nations respond to a unilateral American strike? What will Russia and China do? If our leaders are willing to make this move, then we as citizens had better prepare for retaliatory strikes. Not good, Dan, not good at all. Let's hope cooler minds prevail. God help us. The other thing is, a crisis in Iran would be just the thing to get people's minds off the complete incompetence and corruption within this administration. Who's going to be worried about midterm elections when we're scrambling for our lives? I believe our president is desperate enough to do it, and that's a scary thought. Who's going to stop him?

Have a good evening.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

alot of wrong facts in this one.....

Anonymous said...

I read a crazy conspiracy theory yesterday. It said that Democrats and Republicans were really best of friends behind the scenes and control the country as a single party. It's just during election time that they pretend to be haters. I don't exactly believe the guy's theory on that matter, but he made some good comments on reforming the way our government is ran... like politicians shouldn't be able to use our money to pay for 1st class and private plane tickets and stuff like senators and representatives should have to have the same social security plan as us- it might make them care to reform it if it was their security blanket.... it was interesting

Anonymous said...

Imperial exalted assistant of the imperial exalted of the leader of the lejyon of the knite howk:

I saw that my last message did not fit on your nonexalted message page. What i was saying is that the lejyon of the knite howk run in a bunker in the battom of the Baltic Sea and stop all evil. I speak for my leader because he doesn't find your presence exalted enough, and would like me to comment for him on a couple of topics. "Daniel, your stories are near exalted-worthy, but I hate luke, Kevin P. and Alex B. I think that they are all a$$holes and that Kevin P. should start picking on people of his own ethnicity. I am very interested to hear the conclusion of chopstick's request on you writing positive comments on that very unworthy Bush who will never become near as exalted as me or even you. Juan, John, Drew H. Mai, Steph, and all the others I did not list have been writing some very good things to me. This bill o' grady is a very very very very BIG A$$HOLE and I am glad there has been nothing of him in the past. Daniel, this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to join the lejyon of the knite howk. Will you accept it, or will you hidefrom the exaltedness."

ps. Get rid of these people who write in strange tongues.

The imperial exalted leader says, "greetings from the bottom of the ocean!"

Anonymous said...

You actually believe that!!?!?! You are dumber than I thought. "The facts say.." those aren't facts we would never do taht

Anonymous said...

For your information imperial exalted assistant/rag b*tch of the imperial exalted leader, Allah hates you. And another thing, I never left, because I am EVERYWHERE!!!! Even though I know you all missed me.

Anonymous said...

There are some scary thoughts contained in this article. Nuclear weapons are a devastating idea. The use of nuclear fuel for power and peace would be ok but it can also be very dangerous if an accident happens. Let us use the nice safe wind and water and sun. I do agree that we seem to be the main ones to use the nuclear weapons but really get hostile if someone else tries to do anything. I again would like to see people make comments but to keep them decent and making sense.

Anonymous said...

Sorry anonymous. I thought about taking a more positive approach to what imperial exalted assistant a-hole said, but I didn't want to look like a pansy. From now on I'll just be a river of thoughtful, positive, comments. Right after I KILL IMPERIAL EXALTED GUY AND FEED HIS LIVER TO THE HOUNDS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Need more polls and stories.
And a mailbag.

Daniel W. said...

If you want a mailbag, MAIL STUFF TO ME. You're killing me, nothing in the old mailbag to report. You can cover two topics at once by emailing me requests for new polls. Take the initiative people.

Anonymous said...

Daniel, you are a SLACKER!

Anonymous said...

I think i know who "read real name below said..." is I'll tell you as soon as I can see you Daniel

P.S. how can we send stuff to you're mail bag?

Anonymous said...

i think imperial person is a meanie. if it is ryan stewart i will kick his bottom.

ps daniel im keeping it clean.

pps i might need some support as ryan weighs much more than i can carry... ask mike to help.

whats a knite howk?

Anonymous said...

ppps- your game sownds a little fun if a little strange...

A Dictatorship Under The Sea... i could write a boook!

pppps- dont persecute. i am not a differant ethinicity than u u mermaid hitler!

Anonymous said...

Imperial exalted assistant of the imperial exalted leader of the lejyon of the knite howk:

This is a warning to Kevin P,(=kp?)
My master doesn't like your ideas about writing this book about a dictatorship under the sea if that is the imperial exalted lejyon. Now that you have upset him, i will be forced to write all of his terribly long message out for you all to hear. Here it goes:
"Kevin, first of all... THERE IS NO PPPPPS'S wher I come from. I will not allow it. Second, how do you think a small unexalted mind of your own's would think im the same ethnicity as you. I am Balticish and I dare you to try to find another of this kind anywhere in this world. I don't understand this talk about this game and this Ryan Stewart? You don't deserve to know what a knite howk is or was, for I won't tell you. Now to get to my main concern.
BILL O' GRADY!!!!!!!!
I thought you would learn from my first taunting to stay away, but you come back. the courage it must have took to come to a place where you are disliked by everyone. But you came back. It seems like I may have a change of heart, but it must be done. Bill O' Grady, will you join my lejyon and our quest to stop all evil or will you hide in a corner in fear like Daniel."

Anonymous said...

An early out and no new posts? What's wrong with you Daniel? I never knew you to be such a slacker.

Anonymous said...

to imperial insulted flatulator of the imperial insulted nazi-

if you tell me to pick on own ethnicity you do the same and pick on some mermaid freak in baltic ocean.

dan- get rid of these people who insult others and use $ymb0l$ to swear.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices as regards the velcros were about 220 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 320 pounds everwhere. But definitively I set this location selling them for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices for the shoes are about 320 bucks on every page. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what is your opinion?