Sunday, November 12, 2006

Liberty Throws Off Its Shackles

Finally, last Tuesday, a majority of Americans told George Bush and his party what they could do with their lies and right wing, partisan politics. The Democrats have swept the House, and have a majority in the Senate. I think the White House still doesn't know what happened.

Let me talk first about Don Rumsfeld. For all the talk about not wanting to inject a political decision into the final days of the election, wanting to show the troops that decisions aren't made about them based on politics, and it's just time for a new direction, Rumsfeld resigned because he had to. Had Republicans hung on to even one house of Congress, Bush would've never let him leave, seeing as how he's kept him on through everything else. But now that Democrats will have a lot more authority in Washington, it makes everybody involved on W's side look less weak if they do things on their own terms, because it would've only been a matter of time before Democrats kicked Donald out. I think American soldiers should be as pissed off as the rest of us, because the whole reason they're stuck in Iraq is a string of political decisions made by George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Don Rumsfeld. Bush was right about one thing, though, it is time for a change, and it has been for quite some time. I just think it's sad that changes weren't made until W realized that the game was up.

Enough with that now. For the first time in years, America will be on it's way to progress. We've got lots to do before the '08 elections. I hope that one of the first will be a raise in the minimum wage. Of course, we can hope that opportunities will come up to remove some recently added executive powers and privileges, and all sorts of improvements that the people could only dream of a few weeks ago.

You may have noticed that even though Democrats are the victors, there are no snubs of the Republicans, and there is a distinct atmosphere of cooperation and bipartisanship. This is very different from recent years, when Republicans were in power. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't those the days when the extremist part of the party advanced it's own agenda, and prevented pretty much anything else for leaving the Congress? Weren't those the days when Congress made almost no notable accomplishments domestically, and allowed our president to lead us into nightmare in Iraq?

I say, it's about time somebody tried to find some middle ground. Democrats will try to work in a bipartisan manner, but the appropriate people will be held accountablefor the last 6 years. And if some republican wing nut should try to block us, he can't do a thing. I'm really hopeful for America when I look ahead now, because for once Congress has people in charge who care about you and me.

God bless America.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, God bless the non retareded majority of America

Anonymous said...

W got the word on what people are thinking but I wonder if he still realizes what is going on. I`m not so sure. It will be an uphill battle as W is still the commander in chief but maybe we can at least make some inroads into this mess. GMA

Alex B said...

I love W.


McCain '08
Swift-boat this!

Anonymous said...

Yes, God bless the "non retareded" majority of America.

Bueng... I just don't get it. You can't honestly think he is a great president. I mean, really, this is why I believe you are a closet liberal.

Anyways... I going to go out on a limb saying the Democrats have the be bipartisan considering their party is basically bipartisan (what, with all the new conservative Democrats).

Anonymous said...

wait a second, anonymous spelled retarded, "retareded". Now, tell me thats not retarded.